People all over the world love to relax in the garden or in a pleasant climate surrounded with plants. Such plants can also be used in the office to reduce stress within the workers. Mostly many office plants are used as indoor office plants. Many people use office plants in their desk and these office plants receive very less light from the sun. So, the people using such office plants should use low light office plants because such plants can grow in shade.
Low Light Office Plants
Low light office plants are used in the indoor region. Some commonly used low light office plants are listed below.
1. ZZ Plant: The scientific name of ZZ plant is Zamioculcas zamiifolia. This plant is from Africa and it can grow with the help of fluorescent light itself. It can withstand many drought conditions and can be suitably used anywhere within the office. These plants have straight stem covered with shiny leaves. It looks great when placed in office region.
2. Dieffenbachia: Dieffenbachia is a genus name that comes from the family Araceae. These plants have colorful leaves and they grow the best in dark rooms. This can be used as an ornamental plant too. It can be used as the best plant in low light condition. The leaves of this plant are poisonous and so, the plant should be kept away from the reach of children.
3. Monstera: The scientific name of this plant is Monstera deliciosa. This plant is also referred as Swiss cheese plant. The attractive feature of this plant is the leaves are bright green in color with cuts. This plant needs very little maintenance as this plant should be watered whenever the sand is dry and fertilized once in a year.
4. Corn Plant: The scientific name of the corn plant is Dracaena fragrans. This plant has strap-like leaves which look similar to corn. The leaves are dark green in color and are very attractive. This plant can grow effectively without sunlight and it needs to be watered on a periodic basis. This plant suits the best for indoor use.
5. Dracaena Tricolor: The Dracaena Tricolor is a colorful plant that belongs to the genus Dracaena. This plant looks attractive with its wide range of colors. The leaves are in the form of spikes and have tri-color in it. This plant grows in clusters and the plant needs to be watered whenever the soil feels dry. The dead leaves should be removed periodically.
6. Moth Orchid: The Moth orchid plant comes under the genus Phalaenopis. This plant is very easy to care with and they hold their bloom up to 4 months. These plants look pleasant in the workplace and attractive too. This plant needs less watering for growth;overwatering will damage the plant. Other than this, the plant can produce flowers in a variety of unique colors and bicolor.
7. Ponytail Palm: The scientific name of ponytail palm is Beaucarnea recurvata. This is an unusual plant with long spiky leaves emerging from a flat palm. The leaves are mild in color and need less water for growth. This plant stores water and can withstand waterless condition more than a week. This plant can grow in different heights and needs very less light for living.
8. Yucca Cane: The scientific name of yucca cane is Yucca elephantipes. This plant suits the best in the regions with less light and can be used in the indoor office environment. This plant has an attractive tan bark and lance-like foliage. Overwatering may spoil this plant, so water the plant whenever the sand is completely dry.
9. Hoya: Hoya is a genus name with 200-300 varieties of plants in it. This plant is also referred as wax plant and can live efficiently with less sunlight. The Hoya plant actively grows under low light condition and can be used in the indoor areas. This plant has attractive bicolor leaves. This plant should be watered whenever the soil is dry and it needs very less maintenance.
10. Begonia: Begonia is an attractive tree with jewel-like leaves. This plant can be grown inside the dark room and it can change the dark room into attractive color. The attractive feature of this plant is its leaves; it has multicolor leaves with silver, red, pink, orange, green colors. This plant grows the best under low light condition.
These are top 10 plants that can be used as a low light office plants within the office. So choose the best plant and avoid work stress in the office. If you feel this article is useful, then share it with your friends.